Amazing AI Innovations
The Swiss AI Award honours the most promising and innovative AI start-ups from across Switzerland. AiCon brings together the biggest start-up and tech awards and presents the first Switzerland-wide AI Award.
The Swiss AI Award was funded by the >>venture>> competition run by the ETH, the ZKB Pionierpreis, the Digital Economy Award, the Swiss ICT Award, the Swiss ICT Investor Club (SICTIC) and other renowned foundations and organisations from across Switzerland. The expert jury chose three finalists from hundreds of different start-ups. They will announce the winner at AiCon2021. The selection process and the jury were organised by the Mindfire Foundation.
The Swiss AI Award jury asked the participating start-ups the following questions, and based their assessment on the answers they gave:
- What problem do you solve?
- How many people will benefit from your solution?
- To what extent does your solution help society?
- What economic potential does your solution have?
- How much money have you raised so far?
- How does your solution specifically differ from existing innovations regarding the AI technology that is used? What makes your business idea unique?
The jury members conducted video interviews, analysed patents and spoke to customers. The innovation and breakthrough potential of AI technology was assessed using a four-tier grading system by professors and researchers from Switzerland’s leading universities and institutes of higher education (including the ETH, EPFL and ZHAW) and a number of large tech firms.
The winners 2020
The nominees 2020
The Swiss AI Award is set to be held annually to promote the important topic of artificial intelligence. The winner will receive a prize, the AI Award and media exposure, and have the opportunity to network with international contacts.